Once a Report is created, it can be saved and re-used. Reports can be Scheduled or run manually.
Output formats for Reports are as follows:
Views and Layouts can be used to customize the way data is displayed within Help Desk Premier. You can also re-use your Views and apply them to Reports. This allows you to create consistent ways of displaying your data across the entire application.
Reports can be scheduled to run daily, weekly, monthly or annually on a specific date, or at a specific time. Both pre-defined and custom Reports can be scheduled, and the results can be emailed to the recipient of your choice.
Add or customise Schedules via Reports ? Schedule Reports.
Creating a Schedule
Unlike other screens in Help Desk Premier, the Schedule screen uses a wizard layout to guide you through the process of creating your Schedule. Click Nextafter completing each screen in the wizard.
When to Run Schedule
- Set the Start Date using the pop-up date and time pickers.
- Set the Schedule Type to customise the Schedule.
How to run Report under this Schedule
- Specify the output format for your Report.
- If you decide to email the Report, specify the recipients.
- If you chose to email the report, you will be asked to compose a notification email to accompany it on the next screen. This is optional.
- Use the drop-down list to show Reports in each category.
- Choose the Report you wish to run using your new Schedule.
- Use the drop-down lists and date pickers to limit the scope of your Report. For example, you may wish to generate a report for the current week or a specific timeframe each time the Schedule runs.
- You may also filter the results by View and by Value as shown.
To run your scheduler right away, click the checkbox on the left hand side of the Schedule and click Run Scheduler in the toolbar.
The Application Reports screens allow you to run Reports on the fly.
Navigate to Reports ? Application Reports to set the criteria and run your Report.
The result can be saved in the Saved Reports module.
Access Saved Reports via Reports ? Saved Reports.
You may rename a saved Report or delete it, but you cannot filter a Report which has been saved here.